As you may know, February is Black History Month, a time to honor and learn about the often-overlooked achievements and rich history of of the Black community. In our books, every month is Black History Month—we should never stop celebrating and supporting—but here are ways to celebrate a little extra.
- Creative Clubhouse Stories Celebrates Black History Month — Join New York City Children’s Theater virtually every week for a different story of influential black folk. Book activity
- African Crafts & Stories For Kids with Teni & Tayo Creations — Hear a traditional African folktale and do an accompanying craft on a weekly basis. Book activity
Celebrate Black Teachers
The best way to celebrate? Support these top-rated educators on KidPass, this month and all year long!
- Teacher Shaniqua Holmes — Pre-K & Kindergarten fun, L.O.L. Surprise show-and-tells, and more await in a Shaniqua Holmes class. Browse & book
- Adventures with Stephanie — Themed story times, academic games, and more make an Adventures with Stephanie class both engaging and educational. Browse & book
- Jess Play Early Learning Programs — Ms. Jessica excels at her “Whole Book Approach” to teaching literacy. Browse & book
- Reading and Math with Dr. Destiny — With Dr. Destiny, everyone aged 3-8 can get 1:1 help in reading and math. Browse & book