New York City zoos are now on KidPass!
We’re sure you’ve taken your little animals to at least one of NYC’s five awesome zoos, so why not make your next visit even more memorable? From up close animal encounters to sleepovers with sharks, these 9 zoo activities will make your kiddo’s next trip to the zoo a wild experience!
Home to thousands of animals, it’s easy to see why people travel from all over to visit this gigantic zoo! Visit with lions, penguins, gorillas, giraffes, and more. Go for a spin on the bug carousel, visit with butterflies, and pop into the Children’s Zoo designed just for little explorers.
- Jungle World Mornings (Birth – 17 years old): You and your little ones can rise and shine with the animals at the zoo with special early access to exhibits and animal encounters!
- Jr. Keepers: Sea Lions (8 – 12 years old): Become a zookeeper for the day! Get up close to the zoo residents, prepare snacks and meals for them, and practice skills to take care of wild animals.
Did you know wild animals lived in Central Park?! Visit with sea lions, bears, penguins, monkeys, and more at this zoo located right in the heart of the city. Your kiddos can run, jump and climb at the Children’s Zoo and feed some barnyard friends at the petting zoo.
- Junior Keepers (8 – 12 years old): Roll up your sleeves and get messy! Jr. Keepers will get up close to animals and see what it takes to be a keeper at the Central Park Zoo.
- Exploring the Wild (6 – 10 years old): Take a walk on the wild side! Families discover amazing animal adaptations and survival strategies around the zoo through fun activities and live animal encounters.
Take a trip out to Coney Island to visit this aquarium, literally located on the beach. Your sea-loving kiddies can visit with fish, otters, and penguins, and catch a sea lion show. But by far the biggest crowd pleaser is the newest attraction, the Sharks Exhibit, where your little ones can walk among giant sharks in an all glass tunnel and huge room.
- Sharks After Dark Family Overnight (5 – 17 years old): Pack your sleeping bag for the ultimate deep sea adventure, a sleepover at the aquarium! Explore the newest exhibit, Ocean Wonders: Sharks, after hours, meet a live animal, and enjoy fun activities.
- Keeper for the Day (7 – 10 years old): This fast-paced program is jam-packed with special experiences that demonstrate just what it’s like to care for the marine mammals and birds that call the New York Aquarium home.
- Aquarium Mornings (3 – 8 years old): Start your day with an aquatic adventure and get early access to explore exhibits, engage in ocean-themed activities, and enjoy a live animal encounter with an aquatic invertebrate.
Visit with birds, check out giant rabbits, walk a trail filled with bison, and more at this zoo located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. Your kiddies can run, jump, and slide at the zoo themed playground and have some hands-on fun at the different conservation stations spread throughout the zoo.
- PJ Storytime at the Zoo (4 – 10 years old): Enjoy a VIP tour around the zoo at night followed by animal encounters. Then get cozy and listen to a story that wraps up what you learned!
- Wildlife Mini Camp (4 – 9 years old): Campers learn how to be more kind to our oceans and make a difference with fun games, activities, and crafts. They’ll even get to meet some of the animals!