‘Tis the season for bundling up and enjoying a hot chocolate. Here are our favorite go-to hot chocolate spots in NYC:
- City Bakery – 3 W 18th St. (b/t 5th and 6th aves.) – This rich and luscious hot chocolate made of melted dark chocolate bars comes with a homemade marshmallow on top! Enjoy it with their famous pretzel croissant for a sweet and salty combination!
- Jacques Torres – 285 Amsterdam Ave. (b/t 73rd and 74th st.) – is known for its Wicked Hot Chocolate which is made of cinnamon, ancho chipotle powder, nutmeg, and a secret medley of Mayan spices.
- La Maison Du Chocolat – various locations in NYC – is known for The Guayaquil – five types of chocolate from Central and South America melded together in one pot. It simmers for 5 hours on the stove with Madagascar vanilla beans!
- Dominique Ansel Bakery – 189 Spring St. (b/t Thompson and Sullivan Sts.) – the guy behind the Cronut – makes one heck of a decadent hot chocolate!
- Bouchon Bakery – 1 Rockefeller Plaza – this holiday season, go see the tree at Rockefeller Center and unwind afterwards at Bouchon Bakery with a warm cup of hot coco.