One week until Christmas! Who’s finished their holiday shopping? We’re busy parents like you and we haven’t. We’ve rounded up the best activities for kids of all ages this weekend so you can spend more time shopping and less time trying to figure out how to keep your kids busy!
Photos courtesy of the Whitney Museum, Museum of the City of New York and the New York Historical Society.
- Whitney Museum Stroller Tour (Saturday, December 19, 9:30 – 10:30am, Ages 0-18 months): Tours are for new parents when the Museum is closed to the public. $25 per adult, plus museum admission.
- Winter Tales: Family Storytelling at the Museum of the City of New York (Saturday, December 19, 11am-2pm, Ages 6-12): Enjoy a comforting cup of cocoa as you listen to Maeve Montalvo, an illustrative storyteller, share special winter tales from around the world. Free with Museum Admission.
- Design a Holiday Window at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan (Saturday and Sunday, December 19 and 20, 10am-1pm, Ages 6 and up): Create a 3D holiday window display inspired by the famous windows of New York.
- Holiday Print Making with the Lower East Side Printshop and the Children’s Museum of Manhattan (Sunday, December 20, 10am-1pm, 2-4pm, All ages): Create a silkscreen print of holiday motifs with master printer and painter Erik Hougen. Free with museum admission.
- Sunday Story Time at the New York Historical Society: (Sunday, December 20, 11:30am, Ages 3-7): Get ready to board the Polar Express and go on a truly magical North Pole adventure in this beloved holiday story. Free with museum admission.